Salted Peanut Butter Caramel Crumble Bars
SALTED PEANUT BUTTER CARAMEL:
|Vegan buttery spread||1/4 cup|
|Light brown sugar||1/2 cup|
|Sown™ Unsweetened Oat Creamer||1/3 cup|
|Creamy peanut butter (use no-stir variety for best results)||1/4 cup|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 teaspoon (reduce to 1/4 tsp. if using salted peanut butter)|
OAT CRUMBLE DOUGH:
|Vegan buttery spread (melted)||1/2 cup|
|Light brown suggar||2/3 cup|
|Flaxseed meal||2 tablespoons|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 tablespoons|
|Glutten-free oat flour||1 1/2 cups|
|Baking soda||1/2 teaspoon|
|Dairy-free mini chocolate chips||2 tablespoons|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Make the Salted Peanut Butter Caramel by melting 1/4 cup buttery spread in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk until melted and beginning to bubble.
3. Carefully pour in SOWN Oat Creamer. Whisk briskly until mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and keep mixture at a low boil for 3-4 minutes, whisking frequently.
4. Remove from heat and add peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Whisk until smooth and then pour into a clean, heatproof container. Allow to cool while preparing the crumble dough.
5. Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil to prevent caramel from sticking to sides.
6. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup melted buttery spread and brown sugar. Stir in flaxseed meal and vanilla.
7. Add oat flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Stir until a soft dough is formed.
8. Place slightly more than half of the dough into the prepared baking pan. Firmly press the dough to cover the bottom of the pan and about 1/4 inch up the sides.
9. Pour cooled peanut butter caramel sauce on top of dough and spread evenly.
10. Crumble remaining dough evenly over the top of the caramel. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 23-26 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
12. Allow bars to cool completely at room temperature or chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow for easier cutting. Cut into 16 bars
1. Use the Salted Peanut Butter Caramel as a sauce over dairy-free ice cream, a dip for apple slices or drizzled into coffee along with your SOWN creamer!
2. Almond, cashew or sunflower seed butter can be used in place of peanut butter.